The three major key elements that anyone who want to grow orchids should learn before starting are :
- Know the basic requirements of the main general.
- Check out the conditions prevailing at the proposed growing location.
- Choose plants that will grow well in these conditions.
Other important aspects
- Most orchids require some shading. The degree of shading will depend on the orchid requirement and also on the daylight conditions in the growing area.
- Air movement within the growing area is important for gaseous exchange (O2, CO2) and also to regulate humidity status in the growing area.
- The potting media used should take into consideration the growing habit of the plant cultivated.
- Growing conditions in a shade house necessitate regular supply of nutritive elements.
- Plants wherever they grow are subject to pests and disease problems. Regular inspection are a must. Good cultural practices should minimize occurrences.